Policy for Church Board Meetings
1. The regular Board Meetings would be held on the second Monday of the month, unless a holiday intervenes. If this occurs the meeting will be held on the second Tuesday of that month. The meeting is to commence at 7 pm.
i. Any schedule changes (cancellations, date/time changes, additional meetings, etc), are to be communicated by the chairperson to all Board members. It is the responsibility of the chairperson to ensure that all Board members are made aware of any meeting changes.
ii. The chairperson or Board members may determine the need for additional Board meetings to address imminent church business.
2. The date and time (location assumed as church) would be also included in the church bulletin.
3. Email will be the preferred method of communication between the Board Members. This vehicle will be used to communicate items such as, but not limited to, agendas, time and location changes, additional meetings, cancellations, items for review, etc.
i. As a rule of thumb, all communication must be emailed to the Board Members at least two business days prior to the meeting. This implies that each Member must be checking their email accounts at least once every two days for any updates.
ii. In the event of an urgent change (changes that occur in less than two business days prior to a scheduled event), the chairperson will contact Board Members by phone or whatever instructions the Board member has provided. For example: meeting cancellations due to inclement weather or lack of quorum.
4. For Board Members who do not have e-mail accounts, “snail” mail will be used instead. Sufficient time is to be allowed by the chairperson to ensure that any mailed material arrives at the individual’s mailing address at least two business days prior to the meeting.
i. In the event of an urgent change (changes that occur in less than two business days prior to a scheduled event), the chairperson will contact Board Members by phone or whatever instructions the Board member has provided. For example: meeting cancellations due to inclement weather or lack of quorum.
ii. It is the responsibility of each Board Member to provide the chairperson, with a valid and current email account, a phone number at which they wish to be contacted in case of an emergency and a mailing address where they wish to receive mail. The chairperson is also to communicate any changes to all Board members.
5. As a courtesy to the fellow Board Members, each Board Member is asked to notify the chairperson if they will not be attending a planned Board Meeting, at least one day prior to the meeting. This will avoid having situations where there is no quorum.
v The project or item assessment may include analysis of financial commitment, human resources required, time commitments, objectives, benefits, shortcomings, etc.
- Procedures approved 15 October 2002
History of The Church
Early Adventist History