History of the Connecticut Valley Adventist Church
- The Hartford SDA Church organized on July 8, 1893. The new church was meeting in a hall at 81 Asylum Street.
- After several moves around Hartford the congregation found a home at 870 Prospect Street, in 1948.
- In 1979 the church school on Whitney Street was sold. The congregation purchased approximately 22 acres of land in South Windsor where the new school was built.
- In 1987 the property at 870 Whitney Street was sold, and construction began on a new church home, adjacent to the school building in South Windsor.
- The congregation held worship services in the school gym until they moved into the new building on October 8, 1988.
- On October 25, 1997 the congregation celebrated the dedication of their church home with the burning of the promissory notes.
- Throughout the years several other local congregations in the Greater Hartford Area have been formed by the people of the Hartford SDA Church including: Rockville, Plainville, Enfield, Middletown, Faith, Christian Fellowship, and the Hartford Spanish SDA Churches.